Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Ok this is a new record. 2 posts in 2 days. I know what you must be thinking but don't worry it probably won't be a new tradition or anything. I just had a scary thing happen today that I thought I'd write about. I was working at the ropes course today doing maintenance and at one point othe day I was climbing up the poles and tightening the bolts. So the first one I climbed up and decided to take a chance and shimmy out the cable and check the pully in the middle. Bad idea. I got stuck just about! It was so hard to pull myself back over to the pole that t took just about all my energy. So I started climbing back down the pole and all of a sudden my belay device somehow became disconnected from me! So here I am 30 feet up this pole not connected to anything and tired as heck. I tried getting it back on my harness and I couldn't get it so I started freaking out completely and my whole body began to shake and my hands were so sweaty it became harder to hang on. After trying multiple times I finally got it connected again and eventually got down. Whew! I am exhausted! But glad I am not laying in some hospital with some serious injuries:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
wow.. that must have been SCARY! Glad you're okay!
Post a Comment